Pipes are an increasingly familiar sight at funerals, a result
of their evocative, sweet melodies.
You can choose to have the Scottish small pipes whose more
mellow sound is ideal during a service.
Contact us for a discussion
of your specific requirements.
You might choose to use a piper in the following ways:
• Playing laments outside the crematorium
as mourners arrive and lay wreaths
• Leading the hearse from the crematorium entrance
• During the service as the coffin is lowered and the curtain
Pipes can be used both inside and outside the church, in the
• Echoing hymns during the service
• Leading the coffin from the service to the hearse
• As the coffin is lowered into the ground, often to the tune
of Sleep Deary Sleep
• As a distant back-drop whilst mourners pay their last respects.
Choice of music
The music at a funeral can reflect the unique personality
of the deceased.
of the Forest and Dark
Island are popular
choices, but we welcome all requests, whether
conventional or otherwise.